This stately building, constructed in 1926, was the first concrete block building in Fairbanks.
Locally manufactured concrete blocks, fashioned to mimic natural stone, were used in its
construction. The building housed the headquarters of the Fairbanks Exploration Company,
which ran a massive gold-dredging industry in Interior Alaska for over 40 years, and recovered
millions of ounces of gold. At the height of its activities the F. E. Company operated eight giant
dredges in the Fairbanks area and employed over 1,200 people.